Thursday, October 09, 2008

newsflash: there's a Halle at my house.


Halle Kate



10.5.08


6 pounds, 4 ounces. 19.5 inches.



I thought I'd take a break from my catch-up blogging to give everyone this little newsflash . . . there's a Halle at our house! Our friend (and social worker) Claire called on Tuesday and asked if we could house this little bundle for a while. Mom said yes (and later told Dad, ha). She picked Halle up at the hospital yesterday. Kind of short-notice, but Mom has mastered the art of being ready for a new baby in a matter of hours.

For those wondering about her name, we name our babies in alphabetical order. We're on the letter N. Huh? After great stress and much discussion over the perfect N name for this baby girl, I told Mom to go to the hospital and just name her what she looked like. Upon arriving at the hospital, Mom and Claire discovered that the nurses had named Miss Halle! I've always loved the named Halle (though I would've spelled it Hallie, but whatever), but we didn't name our H baby that for obvious reasons (Halle and Callie? Seriously?). So I'm secretly glad to have a Halle, even if we do have rhyming names. And we added the Kate. Halle Kate.

Like most of our babies, Halle's mother is placing her for adoption. While our house is currently filled with happy, pink little-girl-ness, the home of Halle's mother probably is not filled with such happy things. Please keep Halle's mom in your prayers as she tries to make the best decisions for herself and her baby girl. As Izzie Stevens once said, "there's more than one way to be a good mother." (Don't you know that most great life lessons can be found in a Grey's Anatomy episode?)

Obviously, our new houseguest is a beautiful baby. She has huge eyes and she squeals like a little piglet when she gets mad. We'll have her until she's legally free to be adopted, which generally takes about a month . . . give or a take a few days, weeks, or months. ;-)

P.S. I've been working the past two days, and being forced to take pictures of this baby at night is killing me! I'm off the next several days, though, so Halle and I will get to work on some very cute, natural light photos to share.

3 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

She is too, too precious!

Katie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I love her middle name :) (I have a bonus letter, but who cares...it's close enough)

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Your family is amazing!