Ohhh, blog friends. I have a new toy. I'm kind of in love with it.
Oh yes. After much research and much procrastination (I'm talking months of both - I hate making decisions!), I bought myself a new camera. I took the SLR plunge, which I've wanted to do for years. I just couldn't decide which system to choose, which camera to choose, what lenses to buy, etc. I ended up going with Canon, this Canon to be exact. And then, a week after I'd decided this, Canon came out with a new version. Thanks a lot, Canon. But I did not waver in my decision - my mind could not take any more details of features, settings, pixels, and sensors. Okay, maybe I did waver a tiny bit, but not for long. After all, the camera I'd chosen was officially announced on my birthday last year, which has to mean it was meant to be mine, right?(I had no idea, however, that choosing a camera case was just as difficult as choosing a camera! I can't take all these decisions at one time. And that is why my current camera case is actually a diaper bag. Hey, it was here, and it works.)
Anyway, I've had this camera for a couple of weeks now, and I'm confident I made the right choice. I love it. I love that I can now easily take non-flash photos (I'm a little bit anti-flash. Or maybe a lot.) in low lighting and with shallow depths of field (i.e., blurry backgrounds). I love that it actually does make a clicking sound when I take a picture. I thought I'd share a few photos from the night I got it. First photos on a camera are always interesting, because you usually just click away at whatever random things you might come across . . .
. . . like Days of Our Lives on your TV (Because I know you're wondering - that's Melanie marrying Phillip. But she doesn't really love him. She loves Nathan. She sent him a letter to tell him that, but he never got it because his girlfriend got to it first. So now Melanie's stuck in a loveless marriage. And she also got shot on her wedding day. Poor Melanie.)

. . . or the remote control (how cool is it that I can make half of the remote in focus and the other half out of focus?? See . . . shallow depth of field!)

. . . or the fat squirrel that lives your living room

. . . or your sister (yes, she is sitting on the toilet - that's what she gets for deciding to use my bathroom while I'm playing with my camera - and, yes, she is wearing a hijab, given to her by our Muslim friends down the street)

. . . or yourself in the bathroom mirror (I only had a lamp on and still no flash!).

I love my new camera.

P.S. Just wanted to add that I did get Kia's permission before posting the potty photo of her. :-)

1 comment:
I'm happy for you with your new camera purchase...looks like you'll be able to take lots of cool photos and take some great pics of baby Nolan :) I'll let you know if I need a professional photographer anytime soon because I'm totally calling you!!!
Post a Comment