Friday, April 23, 2010

thing 2

Who would've thought that twenty-six years and two weeks after meeting my first best friend . . .

. . . I would be one of the first ones to welcome his son into the world?

Two weeks ago today, on April 9th, I was blessed to get to be in the operating room with Brooks and his wife Cari-Beth as their first child was born. Brody Allen was born at 7:02 PM, weighing 7 pounds, 12 ounces, measuring 20 1/4 inches long, and looking a lot like his daddy. It was long day at the hospital, but he was well worth the wait. :-)

Thankfully, Brody is perfectly healthy and required only my photographic and none of my NICU services. As you might imagine, lots of pictures were taken that night and the following day. Enough that I had to make a slideshow. Enjoy.




Welcome to this world, Brody! I'm so glad to finally meet you!

4 comments:

Cari said...

Callie, I love it!! That is so sweet!

Collins Family said...

Brody is adorable. It is saw awesome seeing you all as adults and seeing all these new babies. Yes I agree he looks like Brooks! Great pics Callie can not wait to see more form the photo shoot at home I love the hat I saw on the pic on FB!

Jennifer Willoughby said...

That was so awesome!! Great job on the slide show and also on the Nolan blog entry!! :)

Anonymous said...

Callie, thanks so much for doing this. It is beautiful! Penny