Friday, August 24, 2012

a month of lovely crazy normal

Okay, I'm not a student. I don't have kids. I'm not in a youth group.

So why am I so busy in the summertime? I don't get it. Nonetheless, it seems to happen every year. The last month has been one week after another of lovely craziness.

First, I went on a cruise with my family. Lovely.



We came home and had about two weeks to throw together a college send-off party for 20 amazing teens in foster care who are starting college this fall. Several Memphis churches came together to show these kids some love and it turned out better than I could've ever dreamed! It was quite possibly the best party I've ever attended (and I'm not just saying that because Trish and I were in charge). Also lovely.



As soon as the best party ever was over, we plunged right into a week of Camp Granna with my awesome niece and nephews! Crazy.



In the midst of all the lovely crazy, I've been working (of course I had one of the busiest work weeks ever the week I got back from vacation) and gardening and editing photographs and not blogging or posting cruise pictures (sorry).

And lest you think I'm complaining about all this busy-ness, think again. Because you know what else I haven't been doing? I haven't been making weekly chemo trips to West Clinic with Trish or going with her to get bad news from her doctor or spending the night on a hospital couch or having to be the mom of the house while the real mom is out of commission.

The last month has been nonstop for me . . . filled with lots of lovely, crazy stuff. Normal stuff. Non-cancer stuff. And while a few more hours of sleep would be nice, I'm not complaining one bit. :-)

1 comment:

Cynthia Peacock said...

makes me smile! :-)