Today . . . Mom is doing about the same . . . maybe even a bit better in some ways. The morning started off with a call to the on call doctor because last night was not a good one. Mom's pain medicine is supposed to last four hours and was only lasting about two. Neither of us got much sleep. The doctor I spoke to told me I could make some adjustments to the dose and frequency of Mom's pain medicine if I needed to. She said to bring Mom to the ER if things got worse. Thankfully they didn't. Mom's pain isn't gone, but it's been better than it was last night. She had some nausea this afternoon, so we stopped her feeds for a while and busted out her nausea meds and acupressure wristbands. That resolved after an hour or so and hasn't been a problem since.
She's still very weak and has trouble getting comfortable anywhere other than the bed. Even the Grizzlies couldn't get her out of bed today. She did listen to the game from her room, though . . . unfortunately the ending didn't do much in the way of lifting her spirits. I think she actually stayed awake most of the day, so maybe she'll sleep better tonight. One can hope.
Patty and I are doing okay . . . being super lazy, lounging around our little apartment, eating and watching TV. And also watching Mom's every move and constantly trying to talk her into getting out of bed. :)
Mom has an appointment with Dr. Martin at 1:45 tomorrow afternoon. I think he'll do lab work and possibly a scan to check for any post-op complications. We were expecting him to give us permission to leave Louisville, but with the way things are going, I'm not so sure. I'm so ready to be home, but I also want Mom feeling better ASAP! And if there's a problem that needs to be fixed here, we'll stay here as long as we need to. If Mom does get cleared to go home, we'll probably come home on Tuesday.
Be praying for less pain and more rest for Mom tonight. Pray for an extra boost of energy for her tomorrow as we make the trip to and from the doctor's office. And pray for a good visit with Dr. Martin . . . one that brings answers and hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment