Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Carthel's a working man now!

Some of you may not know about Elden Carthel Mcconauhey, the fish here in my Searcy home...Jill and I got Carthel last February, and he instantly became a part of the family! Unfortunately Jill graduated last May and had to leave us, so now Rachel helps me take care of him.

Well, Carthel has some BIG news...he now has his own...office!



I got this new home for him over Christmas break. Isn't it amazing? We moved him in last night. He seemed to like it at first. However, today he has refused to eat! Maybe he's just nervous about being in a new place and will eat when he adjusts. Or maybe he doesn't want to work and this is just an act of rebellion. Rachel and I tend to think the latter is more probable. When we put food in there, Carthel just stares at it as if to say, "I am not eating that until I am back in my bowl where I can lie around and do nothing all day!" We've tried to tell him that growing up and getting a job is just a part of life. We're going to give him one more day and then I guess we'll have to take action. I'll let you know if he gives in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two better be nice to sweet little Carthel! Let him be young and enjoy college life as long as he can! Put him back in his bowl!

Leisha Mareth said...

Sorry your Paw Paw is still in the hospital =( But that fish office is cracking me up! "just part of life to grow up and get a job..." LOL...he is totally rebelling. Smart fish!