Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kauai - Day 4

On Wednesday we visited Ke'e beach, which is the last beach accessible by car on the north shore. We drove and drove 'til the highway ended.

Though the drive was long (a couple hours), the scenery was gorgeous! The last pic is the "tunnel of trees"....we drove this road to our hotel each time we came back from Poipu.



We wanted to go to this beach for the calmer waters and good snorkeling, and, even though it was pretty crowded, we had a great time! It was just gorgeous, of course, and there was a pretty good variety of fish there. Some of the best snorkeling was in really shallow water or water where the top of the reef nearly touched the surface, so I got a little banged up trying to swim in those areas. But it was worth it, because Dad and I saw a sea turtle! He was HUGE and pretty fast! I tried to chase him for a little bit, but, he was too fast for me. Kia tried snorkeling here but soon decided she'd rather boogie board with Jamal. I don't think either of them are going to be snorkeling fans like the rest of us...sad.

Some pics...the underwater pics aren't great quality because they were taken with one of those disposable underwater cameras.

This is how Kia snorkels, haha.the turtle!



That night one of the vendors took us out to dinner. Those are fun nights because we can order the most expensive thing on the menu and not even think twice about it. ;-)

Kia and her friend Josh playing Kia and Jamal's DS games


2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Looks like you made lots of fun memories with your family! I'm happy for you!

Leisha Mareth said...

Love the pic of you and your Mom...so tan and beautiful!