Tuesday, October 05, 2010

10/5 update on Trish

I don't have a whole lot to say, but it's been a couple days since my last update and I figured the natives were getting restless . . . 

Mom is doing well at home . . . still working on the eating thing. She doesn't seem to be having as much trouble keeping food down (she's only gotten sick once since coming home); she just has no appetite. She eats very small meals with even smaller snacks in between (if I can talk her into it or if she needs to take a pain pill). Until a couple days ago, she hadn't slept well a single night since surgery. But she's finally found the right combination of pain/sleep meds (don't worry - both were prescribed by her doctor!) and is sleeping much better now. I can tell she's feeling more like herself again - she's making TV/movie requests and checking email/facebook/blogs. :-)

Mom is supposed to go see Dr. B again in a week. She'll probably see Dr. T (oncologist) soon after that. 

Prayer needs . . . for Mom's eating to continue to improve . . . for continued healing and recovery from the Whipple . . . for her cancer to be treatable with chemo and Tarceva . . . for no more cancer growth . . . for God to be glorified . . . for us to trust Him always. 

 

No comments: